If you are new to social media marketing, it can be a bit intimidating. Instead of allowing yourself to become overwhelmed, you should take note of the 15 social media tips here and use them to your advantage.
15 Social Media Tips for Beginners!
1. Use images in your posts – This is an excellent way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Don’t be a ghost – Make sure you show up. The once a month poster isn’t going to gain or keep any traction whatsoever.
3. Engage your visitors – Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience, and get them further along the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Don’t oversell – (Notice I didn’t say “Don’t sell”.) Pushing too hard to sell your products and services is a huge turn-off in social media.
5. Be hashtag responsible – Guard against overusing hashtags. While they are useful for increasing user engagement, don’t go crazy here.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Straying too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Don’t kick back – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You’ll never win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Brevity is key – Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored by the time they reach the end.
9. Respond to comments – Whatever you do don’t disable comments. Instead engage here and show them just how much you value their contribution.
10. Use tools – Scheduling posts with tools can help you manage your posting more efficiently, especially when you need to be absent. Think Hootsuite, Buffer and a few others.
11. Post videos – People love them and it makes your content more shareable.
12. Focus on a few channels – Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest, pick a few and stay active. While it can be a full time job to do most of them effectively, do the ones you’ve committed to with gusto.
13. Vary your content – Keep your channels fresh with different types of content. Join and expose your content to various relevant groups within the platform.
14. Be generous – Everyone loves a deal, and offering them to your social audience is a terrific way to gain trust and shares.
15. Have fun – While you want to stay professional, no one likes boring.